id required : spice 7

sachin pandhare

Feb 10, 2009, 3:07:28 PM2/10/09
to treepix Indian
Hi,
I am sending you some spices used for making
could you please let me know the identification for them and the scientific names.

there will be around 15 spices.

thanks,
Sachin

PS: i just know that these should be one of the following (all marathi names)
Dongari, Safed, Shaha, Lasani, Shatavari, Panjabi, Kambarkas, DoodhKaLi, PimpaLi, Gathi, Bedana, Isabgol, Talimkhana, Motha Gokharu, Soonth
spice_07.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Feb 11, 2009, 4:37:46 AM2/11/09
to sachin pandhare, treepix Indian
Dear Sachin,
This is piper longum, long pepper.
Regards
Yazdy.

J.M. Garg

Feb 11, 2009, 7:40:01 AM2/11/09
to Yazdy Palia, sachin pandhare, treepix Indian
Thanks, Yazdi ji.
From Indiantreepix Database:
Piper longum Piperaceae Long Papper, Pipli  at BOTANICAL GARDEN, SHIBPUR, HOWRAH on 02/10/07- Debasish ji. Piper Longum,Indian Long Pepper,Piper Longum Suppliers,Long Pepper Fruits,India PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION - 2 - indiantreepix | Google Groups