Cactus Flower

1 view

Padmini Raghavan

May 26, 2010, 3:59:55 PM5/26/10
to indiantreepix
My cactus has actually flowered and I am thrilled to see the large blooms on the two-year-old plant in Chennai.
( I did not know it COULD bloom in this climate!)
Can anyone help with the id?
Thanks,
Padmini Raghavan.
Cactus Flower 003.jpg
Cactus Flower 014.jpg

tanay bose

May 26, 2010, 11:55:59 PM5/26/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
This can some species of Mammillaria I hope!!
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

mani nair

May 27, 2010, 1:56:22 PM5/27/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Padminiji, beautiful cactus flower.
Cheers!!
Mani

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Padmini Raghavan <pad...@gmail.com> wrote:

J.M. Garg

Jun 10, 2010, 3:39:55 AM6/10/10
to efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, tanay bose

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This can some species of Mammillaria I hope!!
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Cactus Flower 003.jpg
Cactus Flower 014.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Jun 10, 2010, 4:22:46 AM6/10/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, tanay bose
Very pleasant colour  flower of this cactus Padmini ji. Thanks for sharing.

regards,
Rashida.

ajinkya gadave

Jun 10, 2010, 8:53:20 AM6/10/10
to Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, tanay bose
i think this is Dolichothele sphaerica.

ajinkya gadave

Jun 10, 2010, 8:55:19 AM6/10/10
to Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan, tanay bose
sorry wrong guess
this is Mammillaria bhumii

tanay bose

Jun 10, 2010, 9:12:42 AM6/10/10
to ajinkya gadave, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan
A small correcting Ajinkya Ji this plant is Mammillaria baumii (as there is no species called M bhumii).
Tanay

ajinkya gadave

Jun 10, 2010, 10:14:42 AM6/10/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan

ohhhhh!!!
 yes my mistake.
thank you very much tanay jee

tanay bose

Jun 10, 2010, 10:18:51 AM6/10/10
to ajinkya gadave, Rashida Atthar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Padmini Raghavan
Welcome Ajinkya Ji
Tanay