Convolvulaceae Week :: Cuscuta chinensis at Vaghbil, and in Maharashtra

Dinesh Valke

Mar 11, 2012, 2:55:14 PM3/11/12
to efloraofindia
Cuscuta chinensis Lam.

  • kus-KEW-tuh -- ancient Latin name for dodder, probably of Arabic origin
    chi-NEN-sis -- of or from China

Cuscuta chinensis var. chinensis
Sep 21, 2008 ... at Vaghbil, Thane, Maharashtra

commonly known as: Chinese dodder • Hindi: अमरबेल amar bel, मखनियो makhanio • Konkani: अमोरवेल amorvel • Marathi: अमरवेल amarvel

Native to: China, Japan, Korea; naturalized elsewhere

more views:
  • Sep 21, 2008 ... at Vaghbil, Thane, Maharashtra
    Chinese Dodder
  • May 29, 2010 ... at Rajgurunagar, near Pune, Maharashtra
    Amar Bel (Hindi: अमरबेल)
  • Jan 26, 2008 ... near Saphale Ghat, Maharashtra
    Dodder and Casuarina

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 11, 2012, 10:20:38 PM3/11/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice photographs
Thanks for sharing Dinesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Mar 15, 2012, 10:03:38 AM3/15/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks for showing the clear photographs of yellow parasitic flowering plant.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Dinesh Valke

Aug 23, 2015, 9:58:42 AM8/23/15
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, surajit koley, Tabish Qureshi, efloraofindia
Dear friends,

The ID of posted plant is in error. Many thanks to Tabish for notifying me of my incorrect identification at Flowers of India; ID corrected by Minal Jani as Cuscuta campestris Yunck.

In the group's database, I found few posts related to Cuscuta campestris very helpful. Surajit ji's post Jan2015sk22 Hooghly - Cuscuta sp. ID please, detailed as always and another of Chitraleka ji's Cuscuta ID request - 09012015PC1 which has analysed the ID to detail.

Garg ji, please do the needful by shifting the link to this post from C. chinensis var chinensis to C. campestris Yunck.

Thanks to all, and regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Aug 23, 2015, 10:40:06 AM8/23/15
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, surajit koley, Tabish Qureshi, efloraofindia
And forgot to mention that the last picture (Jan 26, 2008 ... near Saphale Ghat, Maharashtra) is of different species.
Regards.
Dinesh