[efloraofindia:35128] Stereospermum colais (Buch.-Ham. ex Dillw.) Mabberley [Bignoniaceae]

Muthu Karthick

May 18, 2010, 3:16:27 AM5/18/10
to indiantreepix
Stereospermum colais (Buch.-Ham. ex Dillw.) Mabb. [Bignoniaceae]
Syn: Stereospermum personatum (Hassk.) Chatterjee
Tamil name: பூம்ப்பாதிரி
Is this id right?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Stereospermum colais.jpg
Stereospermum colais (1).jpg
Stereospermum colais (2).jpg
Stereospermum colais (3).jpg

Rashida Atthar

May 18, 2010, 6:12:20 AM5/18/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Yes Muthu ji this one looks like it is Stereospermum personatum (Hassk.) Chatterjee. Where and when was this shot? Thanks.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 18, 2010, 8:30:56 AM5/18/10
to Rashida Atthar, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Good photos Muthu.. Do you have the photos of the inflorescence?
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Balkar Arya

May 18, 2010, 12:12:44 PM5/18/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Nice Catch Muthu Ji

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 18, 2010, 1:46:55 PM5/18/10
to efloraofindia
This would be S. colais var. colais which has narrowly elliptic
caudate leaves and corolla hairy outside. The other tree, S. colais
var. angustifolia has ovate acuminate leaves and glabrous corolla.
Regards, Shrikant

On May 18, 12:16 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Stereospermum colais *(Buch.-Ham. ex Dillw.) Mabb. [Bignoniaceae]
> Syn: *Stereospermum personatum* (Hassk.) Chatterjee
> Tamil name: பூம்ப்பாதிரி
> Is this id right?
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> Chennai - 61www.careearthtrust.org
>
> --
>
>  Stereospermum colais.jpg
> 293KViewDownload
>
>  Stereospermum colais (1).jpg
> 435KViewDownload
>
>  Stereospermum colais (2).jpg
> 404KViewDownload
>
>  Stereospermum colais (3).jpg
> 393KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

May 20, 2010, 4:48:38 AM5/20/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thank you all, for appreciation and more information.

This tree is photographed at the banks of River Moyar in Nilgiri north Forest Division. This tree is abundant there both riverine and terrestrial.
It was hard for me to photograph the Inflorescence of it; also hardly fresh inflorescence were there.