Fwd: resemblance to Cleome

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2009, 3:50:54 AM7/28/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding for Id assistance pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anantanarayan Rajaram <rajara...@yahoo.com>
Date: 2009/7/28
Subject: resemblance to Cleome
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Dr. Garg
I am attaching a flower pic which has some similarity to the one you have put up today. Wonder if there is any common name for it. This was taken in December in a forest interestingly named Dhoni near Palghat, Kerala in Dec. 2008. I was struck by the similarity to the pic you put up of Cleome sp.regards,
Rajaram

Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dhoni flower.jpg

Neil Soares

Jul 28, 2009, 6:47:08 AM7/28/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Hi Mr.Garg,
  It looks like an Abutilon sp. possibly A.muticum [A.pannosum].
                   Regards,
                     Neil.

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2009, 9:57:59 AM7/28/09
to indiantreepix
Here is a reply from Dr. Rajasekaran ji:
"Friends
I think it is a member of Malvaceae family might be some Abutilon or Sida
Rajasekaran"

ganesh

Jul 28, 2009, 11:04:56 PM7/28/09
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
attached are the images of A. pannosum. Truncate fruit is the diagnostic to this taxon.

regards
Gb
abutilon pannosum_2.jpg
abutilon pannosum_18.jpg