Orchid ID (Gennaria griffithii) for validation

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 5, 2024, 10:13:33 AMApr 5
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Members,

I saw a small population of this terrestrial Orchid at the lower elevations of H.P. (Approx. 750m) which resembles Gennaria griffithii.  Kindly validate the ID.

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan
Plant in Habitat.JPG
Plant Habit1.JPG
Flowers.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2024, 1:15:46 PMApr 5
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nishant Chauhan, J.M. Garg
I guess the ID is correcy

Saroj Kasaju

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 6, 2024, 3:47:22 AMApr 6
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Okay sir, thank you.

With regards
Nishant Chauhan

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2024, 5:27:01 AMApr 12
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nishant Chauhan
Thanks, Saroj ji, for validation.
Yes, appears close to images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2019/05/07/gennaria-griffithii/

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Plant in Habitat.JPG
Plant Habit1.JPG
Flowers.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 12, 2024, 5:28:20 AMApr 12
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nishant Chauhan

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Pankaj Kumar

Apr 12, 2024, 11:17:11 AMApr 12
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nishant Chauhan
Gennaria griffithii. Strange I have seen this at around 2000 m in Binoj. 750m sounds too low to me.
Pankaj

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 12, 2024, 1:13:01 PMApr 12
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Pankaj sir,

Thank you for validating the ID.
I was also surprised to find two small populations of Gennaria griffithii at this altitude. I was only able to locate two habitats, each with a small population of 4-5 orchids.

Kind regards,
Nishant Chauhan