Some confusion

1 view

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 8, 2009, 3:27:03 PM8/8/09
to indiantreepix
My assumption fior this plant was habenaria Grandifloriformis, but a
friend of mine santosh yaadav, who is with Dr. Almeida now a days,
said it is Habenaria rariflora

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

P8040079.JPG

Hemanth

Aug 8, 2009, 4:17:45 PM8/8/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Santosh may not be wrong.

The one that you have tagged H. panchganens doesn't seem to be one.

Experts pls clarify

-hemant

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2009, 10:27:12 AM8/22/09
to indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Hemant Tripathi, Sabu Mamiyil
Hi, Rajesh ji,
H.rariflora is stated to be endemic to Tamilnadu & Kerala as per link:
http://orchidkerala.googlepages.com/habenaria.htm

Was the picture taken in Tamilnadu or Kerala?

Aug 22, 2009, 12:41:31 PM8/22/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Hemant Tripathi, Sabu Mamiyil
hello garg sahib,
I wish i could go out of my love Mumbai. I photographed this at
Matheran adn I scanned flowersofindia.net and checked that same flower
was photographed at Lonavala, not far away from matheran.

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spreading%20Flowered%20Habenaria.html

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Aug 26, 2009, 2:15:07 PM8/26/09
to indiantreepix
both are found in the are, need to check the leaves.In
grandifloriformis the leaves are solitary or 2 lying flat on ground.