Indian Monnbeam

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Swaminathan, Prakash

unread,
Oct 31, 2008, 9:52:51 AM10/31/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
<<IMG_2823.JPG>>


The Indian MoonBeam (Chandni)- Is this variant of the species
Tabernamontana divaricata (syn. Ervatamia coronaria) or some other
species ?

(Shot at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, CEC, Gorgaon, Mumbai.)


Regs

Prakash

______________________________________________________________________
BG Energy Holdings Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 3763515
Registered address:
100 Thames Valley Park Drive
Reading, Berkshire RG6 1PT UK
Telephone: +44 (0)118 935 3222
Website: http://www.BG-Group.com

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. As this
e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information, please
advise us immediately if you are not the named addressee or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee. The
contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken.

IMG_2823.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
Nov 5, 2008, 9:59:22 PM11/5/08
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again pl. for feedback.

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

IMG_2823.JPG

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Nov 6, 2008, 1:21:26 AM11/6/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Looks like Tabernaemontana coronaria.
akbhatt

J.M. Garg

unread,
Nov 6, 2008, 3:20:05 AM11/6/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Links for Tabernaemontana coronaria: http://old.agri.gov.il/Publications/OpenDoor/Sima/Tabernaemontana_coronaria.html, http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/tabernaemontana_florepleno.htm (states Tabernaemontana divaricata Flore Pleno same as Tabernaemontana coronaria), http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_1078.html (Details only), http://www.bhatia-nurseries.com/chandini.htm





Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.



--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"
Creating Awareness about Indian Flora & Fauna:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

Mahadeswara Swamy

unread,
Nov 9, 2008, 6:35:59 AM11/9/08
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
It is one of the Tobaramotana sps. Check the spelling.


--- On Thu, 6/11/08, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <http://www.bg-group.com/>
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
> As this
> e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information,
> please
> advise us immediately if you are not the named addressee or
> the person
> responsible for delivering the message to the named
> addressee. The
> contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor
> copies taken.
>
>
>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> Creating Awareness about Indian Flora & Fauna:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/
> join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>

Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get your...@rocketmail.com. Sign up now! http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

J.M. Garg

unread,
Nov 10, 2008, 2:35:33 AM11/10/08
to swamy...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix
Another reply from pad...@gmail.com:
"This looks like what is very common in Madras gardens: called "Double Nandiavattam" in Tamil and is Tabernaemontana pandacacqui.
Padmini."
But the link for Tabernaemontana pandacaqui at, looks different: http://www.brisrain.webcentral.com.au/old_site/database/Tabern_pandacaqui.htm

J.M. Garg

unread,
Nov 15, 2008, 2:15:54 AM11/15/08
to swamy...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix
Here is another reply:
"Respected Sir,
                We call it double tagar in Bengal. It has a faint but
sweet smell.
                                                Regards,
                                                        Maitreyee"

Kenneth Greby

unread,
Nov 15, 2008, 5:31:41 AM11/15/08
to swamy...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
 This is the double-flowered form of Tabernaemontana divaricata, T. divaricata var. 'Flora Plena'. The scent of this is considerably lighter than that of the single-flowered form.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, Florida USA
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages