Fwd: Inclusion of Camonea umbellata (L.) A.R.Simões & Staples Syn. Merremia umbellata Convolvulaceae मोतीया

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2021, 10:45:46 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia, dcku...@gmail.com
Thanks, Dilip Kumar ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dilipkumar Undirwade <>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov, 2021, 6:49 pm
Subject: Inclusion of Camonea umbellata (L.) A.R.Simões & Staples Syn. Merremia umbellata Convolvulaceae मोतीया
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Sir, sending photographs of Camonea umbellata (L.) A.R.Simões & Staples
Syn. Merremia umbellata
Convolvulaceae
मोतीया
(Hogvine, Yellow merremia)
11.11.2021
Collected from Armori -Gadchiroli District. Large climber growing along the bank of river.
1636899197033.jpg
1636899110822.jpg
1636899119272.jpg
1636899025009.jpg
1636899038155.jpg
1636899094020.jpg
1636899075372.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 17, 2021, 12:30:19 AM11/17/21
to efloraofindia, dcku...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot, Dilip Kumar ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nov 23, 2021, 3:11:44 AM11/23/21
to efloraofindia, Dilipkumar Undirwade
Thanks, Dilip Kumar ji.
What is the difference between the two?
I could not figure it out from the net.
Lucid Central says "A second taxon is present in NT and CYP, now called Camonea umbellata, native to Africa and introduced to Australia. It was previously named Merremia umbellata subsp. umbellata. Camonea umbellata in the broad sense (including Camonea pilosa) is the subject of further taxonomic study."

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2021, 8:47:03 AM11/23/21
to Dilipkumar Undirwade, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dilip ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Tue, 23 Nov, 2021, 7:02 pm Dilipkumar Undirwade, <dcku...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes sir you are very correctly pointed out, Merremia umbellata subsp. Umbellata is now Camonea umbellata. Native to Africa and introduced to various parts of world including India.
Previously the plant collected from various regions of India basically from WG  and A & N was not the Camonea umbellata as it is having very fever flowers in inflorescence as compared to the specimen collected by me. After molecular analysis ( Paper By Dr. S.R.YADAV SIR) it is found that species reported in india was actually was Camonea pilosa and not camonea umbellata.
I have checked the available  Harberium online too, which proves that my specimen is Camonea umbellata.
Regards and thanks sir.

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2021, 8:48:55 AM11/23/21
to efloraofindia, Dilipkumar Undirwade
Thanks, Dilip ji.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nov 29, 2021, 1:38:13 AM11/29/21
to efloraofindia, Dilipkumar Undirwade
Thanks, Dilip ji,
Can I see the following paper pl.?:

After molecular analysis ( Paper By Dr. S.R.YADAV SIR) it is found that species reported in india was actually was Camonea pilosa and not camonea umbellata.

In no. of posts at Merremia umbellata, there are many flowers also in the inflorescence.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2021, 3:47:27 AM12/3/21
to efloraofindia
Dec 3, 2021, 3:49:41 AM12/3/21
to efloraofindia
Further reply from Dilip ji:
Sir, photos were sent to Staple and they were identified as merremia umbellata as an introduced sp.
Recently I talked to Dr.Vinod simple sir (who is working on revision of Convolvulaceae of India) regarding its identity and it was identified as C.Umbellata. He did a paper on it entitled "Camonea umbellata new record for Indian mainland". Which is In review process.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg