Fwd: 1.Sunday article: Peepal - the tree of life 2. From micro to macro cosmos

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2009, 11:44:52 PM8/15/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mohan Pai <mohanp...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/8/16
Subject: 1.Sunday article: Peepal - the tree of life 2. From micro to macro cosmos

Hello friends,

Good morning. This Sunday's article is about another sacred tree, the
Peepal or Ashwatha known as 'the tree of life'. It's called Bodhi tree
in Buddhism and regarded with highest veneration because Gautam Buddha
 was sitting under the Bodhi tree when he was 'enlightened'. The known
planting date of the Bodhi tree in Sri Lanka is 288 BC.

I received a forward from my sister-in-law, Dr. Asha - 'From micro to
macro cosmos'
which I am sure, would be of interest to all of you.

Very best wishes,

Mohan Pai

MY BLOG LIBRARY
For some of my articles visit:
http://mohanpaiblogger.blogspot.com/
http://mohanpaisarticles.blogspot.com/
http://biodiversity-mohanpai.blogspot.com/

For some key chapters from my book "The Western Ghats", please log on to:
http://westernghats-paimohan.blogspot.com/

For detailed blog (6 Chapters from my book) on Mahadayi/Mandovi River
Valley, please log on to:
http://mohan-pai.blogspot.com/

For the book 'The Elderly' please log on to:
http://oldagecare-paimohan.blogspot.com/

http://omashram.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm

You can also access my blogs on Sulekha and Wordpress:

http://mohanpai.sulekha.com

http://mohanpai.wordpress.com/

For my book "The Flight of Gods - Hindu Temples & Shrines of Goa"
please log on to:

http://flightofgods.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm

http://flightofgods.blogspot.com/

Match ‘n’ Make new friends with the cool match-meter. Join the Planet
with you Hotmail ID. Drag n’ drop

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)