Hooghly : 17-04-2021 : Hibiscus mutabilis

surajit koley

Apr 17, 2021, 10:21:12 AM4/17/21
to efloraofindia
These are comparative pictures of two types of Hibiscus growing at my home, one (the left hand side) changes colour while the other (the right hand side) remains white throughout the day.

Both the two plants are shrubby, around 7 to 8 feet tall.

The question is - can the second plant be considered as a H. mutabilis species?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley
01_flower_calyx_epicalyx.jpg
02_bud_leaf.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2021, 2:28:39 AM4/22/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
I think yes. Being cultivated, I think such variations maybe possible as seen at Hibiscus mutabilis

With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Apr 22, 2021, 9:01:33 AM4/22/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
It's a strange world, Sir, where 'common crow' is a butterfly, and custard apple is neither custard nor an apple !!!

Yes, Sir, albino tiger is still a tiger!

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley