Blue-Throated Barbet & Fruit of Coccinia grandis.

Debasish Joardar

Nov 11, 2008, 10:28:36 AM11/11/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Blue-Throated Barbet & Fruit of Coccinia grandis.

Should we save only "trees" or take a little bit care for those herbs?

At Bhadreshwar, Hooghly, West Bengal.

Date : 23rd October, 2008.

Regards,

Debasish Joardar.

A.JPG
B.jpg

mangala borkar

Nov 11, 2008, 11:42:43 AM11/11/08
to Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com
hello
the pictures are taken very nicely. the barbet is looking very cute.
Borkar.

Nov 12, 2008, 8:56:38 AM11/12/08
to J.M. Garg, Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely pictures
Satish

2008/11/11 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Nov 13, 2008, 8:34:28 AM11/13/08
to Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I remeber a village boy in my native place (Ghazipur in the eastern part of U.P.) applying leaves of this creeper on his head wihch was full of boils. I also remembered the red fruits and its edible qulaity although low. The boy was cured.
This time when I saw the picture sent by you, the identity was confirmed. But I have not come across any medicial property/value of this creeper on the net. Please let me know if there is such a link.
Thanks again.
akbhatt

Pankaj Oudhia

Nov 13, 2008, 8:41:46 AM11/13/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2008, 8:57:16 AM11/13/08
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Anand ji,
Here are such links: http://www.springerlink.com/content/mt264154n3007182/, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3363/is_12_14/ai_n29395918 ("The medicinal use of the plant can be traced to ancient period where the juice of the roots and leaves were used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, bronchitis, skin diseases, tongue-sores and ear ache (Satyavati et al., 1987). "), http://books.google.co.in/books?id=klAFeYz4YdYC&pg=RA1-PA162&lpg=RA1-PA162&dq=Coccinia+grandis+%2B+use+in+medicine&source=web&ots=QiMJ6XMjVA&sig=T8BQNcJO1d0pp8dIiQ7DXkkvfEQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PRA1-PA162,M1 (

--
With regards,

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Nov 13, 2008, 9:24:48 AM11/13/08