Swietenia

Alok Goyal

Oct 1, 2009, 1:19:30 AM10/1/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Can any one please tell me the difference between Swietenia mahogani and Swietenia macrophylla except for leaf size as is evident from the name   ???

Alok

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2009, 11:24:04 AM10/1/09
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Alok Goyal <alok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can any one please tell me the difference between Swietenia mahogani and Swietenia macrophylla except for leaf size as is evident from the name   ???

Alok

Swietenia macrophylla King in Hook......leaflets up to 14 cm. long; flower 6-7 mm long, capsule, c. 13 cm long and seed c. 8 cm long.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College