[efloraofindia:35298] Eremurus himalaicus Baker

Pravir Deshmukh

May 19, 2010, 5:24:11 AM5/19/10
to efloraofindia
Eremurus himalaicus Baker

Family: Liliaceae
Erect glaborous, scopse herbs up to 2 m tall, Leaves radical, linear, terete, fistular, 50-60 cm in length, 4-6 cm in width. Inflorescence terminal, dense, stout raceme, 40-50cm tall. Flowers white, 2-3 cm across, solitary in the bracts. Bracts subulate-lanceolate or filiform. Perianth 6 parttite, segment oblong, almost as long as the filament, conniving below in a tube, Stamens 6. Ovary 3 celled, style filiform, stigma 3 lobed.
Recorded from Lahaul Valley, Lahaul & Spiti Dist. Himachal Pradesh

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

DSC02390_01.JPG
DSC02386_01.JPG
DSC02388_01.JPG
DSC02389_01.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2010, 5:32:49 AM5/19/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia
Thanks Pravis ji
For refreshing my memory of Himalayan plants. I have seen plenty of this species 4- years back in the mountains of Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

May 19, 2010, 7:57:36 AM5/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia
Really a gorgeous plant !! Nice photography Pravir ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)