Water Lilies for ID : 270111 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 27, 2011, 6:36:19 AM1/27/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Gangajal Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 1st of October,2010.
Very small in size compared to the others we generally come across.
Aarti
P1100126.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2011, 8:56:17 AM2/20/11
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID

I hope Nymphaea nauchalii

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 20, 2011, 9:09:19 AM2/20/11
to efloraofindia
Nymphaea pubescens, N. nouchalii is pinkish red. Regards, Shrikant

On Feb 20, 6:56 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resurfacing again for ID
>
> I hope Nymphaea nauchalii
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> From: Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM
> Subject: [efloraofindia:61415] Water Lilies for ID : 270111 : AK-3
> To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> Taken at Gangajal Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 1st of October,2010.
> Very small in size compared to the others we generally come across.
> Aarti
>

>  P1100126.JPG
> 142KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2011, 9:13:22 AM2/20/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shrikant ji
I think the leaves never entire in N. pubescence.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

snehal patel

Feb 20, 2011, 9:18:56 AM2/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
it looks like a Nymphaea micrantha ?

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2011, 9:30:49 AM2/20/11
to snehal patel, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Could be considered! The species supposed to have leaves with dark spots below, white filaments and more important often showing vivipary.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Smilax004

Feb 20, 2011, 12:03:56 PM2/20/11
to efloraofindia
I too think it is Nymphaea micrantha.

Regards
Giby

On Feb 20, 7:30 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could be considered! The species supposed to have leaves with dark spots
> below, white filaments and more important often showing vivipary.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM, snehal patel <snehal.patel...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > it looks like a Nymphaea micrantha ?

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Feb 20, 2011, 12:43:31 PM2/20/11
to efloraofindia
Good work Snehal and thanks for correcting me too.
Regards
Pankaj

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Feb 26, 2011, 2:58:06 AM2/26/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I think it is Nymphaea nouchali. Micrantha probably has more dense petals (more double.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2011, 6:04:22 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, snehal....@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Smilax004, Anand Kumar Bhatt

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I hope Nymphaea nauchalii

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Nymphaea pubescens, N. nouchalii is pinkish red. Regards, Shrikant”

“I think the leaves never entire in N. pubescence.

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

"it looks like a Nymphaea micrantha ?" from Snehal ji.

"Could be considered! The species supposed to have leaves with dark spots below, white filaments and more important often showing vivipary.--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

"I too think it is Nymphaea micrantha.
Regards
Giby"

"I think it is Nymphaea nouchali. Micrantha probably has more dense petals (more double.
ak"

Taken at Gangajal Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 1st of October,2010.
Very small in size compared to the others we generally come across.
Aarti

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

P1100126.JPG

H S

Jun 13, 2011, 7:03:51 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, snehal....@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Smilax004, Anand Kumar Bhatt
Hello,
I also think it is N. nauchalii

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2011, 7:22:31 AM6/13/11
to H S, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, snehal....@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Anand Kumar Bhatt
A comparison between N.nauchali and N. micrantha that is available online.

N.nauchali

N.micrantha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nymphaea_micrantha_MS_6263.JPG

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Samir Mehta

Jun 13, 2011, 10:19:26 AM6/13/11
to Giby Kuriakose, H S, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, snehal....@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Anand Kumar Bhatt
Here's my image of the same species (I think) which I felt was N. micrantha.
Confirmation / Correction will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Samir Mehta
Nymphaea micrantha @ mnp.jpg

Smilax004

Jun 13, 2011, 12:59:31 PM6/13/11
to efloraofindia
I doubt whether this is similar to the one that posted earlier in this
thread.

Regards
Giby

On Jun 13, 7:19 pm, Samir Mehta <samirmeht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my image of the same species (I think) which I felt was N. micrantha.
> Confirmation / Correction will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Samir Mehta
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > A comparison between N.nauchali and N. micrantha that is available online.
>
> > N.nauchali
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea_nouchali
>
> >http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Blue%20Water%20Lily.html
>
> > N.micrantha
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nymphaea_micrantha_MS_6263.JPG
>
> >http://www.westafricanplants.senckenberg.de/root/index.php?page_id=14...
>
> > Regards,
> > Giby
>
> > On 13 June 2011 16:33, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
> >> I also think it is N. nauchalii
>
> >> regards,

> >> &
> >> them
> >> Flora,
> >> &
> >> of
>
> >> --
> >>  - H.S.
>
> >> A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
> >> stone
>
> > --
> > GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> > Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> > Royal Enclave,
> > Jakkur Post, Srirampura
> > Bangalore- 560064
> > India
> > Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
> > visit my pictures @http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby
>

>  Nymphaea micrantha @ mnp.jpg
> 214KViewDownload

JM Garg

Apr 14, 2018, 7:12:22 AM4/14/18
to efloraofindia
P1100126.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2018, 7:18:19 AM4/14/18
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Aarti S. Khale, snehal....@gmail.com
To me appears close to images of Nymphaea caerulea Savigny at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

P1100126.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 16, 2018, 10:44:18 AM4/16/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, snehal....@gmail.com
Garg Ji,
Thanks for the suggested id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2018, 5:40:46 AM4/17/18
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
This should be Nymphaea nouchali Burm.f., for N. nouchali var. caerulea stamens should more than 50, and for N. micrantha (stamens 50-75), difficult to say about viviparous behavior from this image.
Kind regards,
Varun

Thanks, Varun ji.

P1100126.JPG