Kashmir thistles and similar plants-7-Cirsium verutum

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 23, 2010, 11:33:19 PM7/23/10
to efloraofindia
Cirsium verutum from Kashmir, growing along roadsides and wastelands, Photographed on June 19, 2010

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cirsium-verutum-Kashmir-a.jpg
Cirsium-verutum-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 23, 2010, 11:44:53 PM7/23/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir Ji great collection of spinuous members of Asteraceae many a times we get confused while identifying different thistles due to their close morphological similarities. thanks you life will be bit better when it comes to identifying thistle

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

JM Garg

Jan 6, 2022, 1:49:35 AMJan 6
to GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia
I think Cirsium wallichii (a highly variable species) as per discussions at Confusion between Circium argyracanthum and C. verutum
Cirsium-verutum-Kashmir-a.jpg
Cirsium-verutum-Kashmir-b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 6, 2022, 1:54:01 AMJan 6
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji
Let us hope to find true C. verutum. After seeing POWO specimens, I don't find any of our specimens matching.