Chromolaena odorata (Common floss flower)?

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 12:44:32 PM9/21/09
to indiantreepix

Shot on 12/9/09 in Butterfly Park within Zoo Park in Hyderabad. Most prominently planted for attracting butterflies here.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Chromolaena odorata (Common floss flower) is it I2 IMG_1450.jpg
Chromolaena odorata (Common floss flower) is it I IMG_1449.jpg
Chromolaena odorata (Common floss flower) is it I IMG_1452.jpg

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Sep 21, 2009, 12:52:48 PM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Chromolaena odorata is a good source of  control joint pain due to Chickenguinea. Many people are now taking a medicated bath after chickenguinea infection in Kerala.
Cheers

Santhosh
2009/9/21 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Tabish

Sep 21, 2009, 1:20:27 PM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
In Kerala, this herb goes by an interesting name, Communist Pacha. The
name probably refers to the speed with which the communists spread in
any place in Kerala, or pobably to the communist providing some kind
of relief to people - the interpretation may depend on your political
leaning! :-)
It is common to stiff the leaves in the shoes in case of shoe-bite
- it act as a cushion, and also provides medication to the bitten
toes.
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar <santhoshkuma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Chromolaena odorata is a good source of  control joint pain due to
> Chickenguinea. Many people are now taking a medicated bath after
> chickenguinea infection in Kerala.
> Cheers
>
> Santhosh
> 2009/9/21 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
>

> > Shot on 12/9/09 in Butterfly Park within Zoo Park in Hyderabad. Most
> > prominently planted for attracting butterflies here.
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)

Pankaj Oudhia

Sep 21, 2009, 3:01:43 PM9/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Santosh ji,

Eupatorium (i.e. Chromolaena) is famous Homoeopathic drug used for
bone pain (Haddi-Tod Bukhar). It is also given as preventive of
Chickenguinea. It is weed in my state and becoming curse for native
flora. The Traditional Healers are developing its new uses. I have
tried it in Agrohomoeopathic experiments successfully.

I have seen its severe infestation in UAS campus, Bangaluru.

We have communist pacha, congress weed (i.e. Parthenium) and raManjot
(i.e. Jatropha, Ratanjot) representing major political parties in
India. :)

Pankaj Oudhia