Pogostemon deccanensis

Pravin Kawale

Jan 1, 2010, 2:58:31 AM1/1/10
to indiantreepix
Hi,
Flowers of Pogostemon deccanensis
Marathi name : Lambhali-manjiri
At Chiplun,Maharashtra
27 Dec,2009
Thanks

DSC00375.JPG
DSC00379.JPG
DSC00377.JPG

DSC00375.JPG
DSC00379.JPG
DSC00377.JPG

Swagat

Jan 1, 2010, 9:40:58 AM1/1/10
to Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
Waav... Pravin ji,

What a beauty...

It's Marathi name is 'Jambhali Manjiri' 'जांभळी मंजिरी'

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 1, 2010, 10:13:32 AM1/1/10
to Swagat, Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
Pravin ji
I find that this species was first described by Panigrahi in 1976 under the name Eustellaris deccanensis, and subsequently transferred to Pogostemon by Press in 1982. It would be interesting to know whether this beautiful plant was un-noticed before or went under some other name, unless it is very rare?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor