105 ID wild plant.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 21, 2021, 8:02:39 AM7/21/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild/garden plant growing in front of a house. Image of rooted leaf lost from my LG phone, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 21.07.2021, 01.05pm

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild/garden, moisture

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches, hard old stem 15mm diameter, root from stem angle, long lasting

Height: 04 feet

Leaves: opposite, oblong, apex, size:15×7cm, soft but high projected veins on either sides, toothed margins, roots shoots from main vein of leaves when cut above base

Flower: diameter:15mm, pink, non fragrant, bunches, hanging downwards

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

105 Identify wild plant
20210721_130049.jpg
20210721_131239.jpg
20210721_131413.jpg
20210721_131345.jpg
20210721_131319.jpg
20210721_131155.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 21, 2021, 8:07:05 AM7/21/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210721_130929.jpg
20210721_130847.jpg
20210721_130732.jpg
20210721_130826.jpg
20210721_130705.jpg
20210721_130544.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2021, 8:09:09 AM7/21/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Strobilanthes hamiltoniana (Steud.) Bosser & H.Heine !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 21, 2021, 8:10:41 AM7/21/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210721_130215.jpg
20210721_125733.jpg
20210721_122502.jpg
20210721_125753.jpg
20210721_130015.jpg
20210721_130032.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 21, 2021, 8:24:20 AM7/21/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Saroj ji,
Yes, it is.  Thank you very much for ID my plant.  It is here only at this house, 6 plants. "Easy propagation through stem-cuts", they said.  Wikipedia says another name  (find screen shot).  With kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20210720-191618_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210720-191808_Chrome.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2021, 8:42:48 AM7/21/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 21, 2021, 9:47:32 AM7/21/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for sharing information, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2021, 12:02:29 PM7/21/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2021, 8:21:47 AM7/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id.
Yes, appears close to the images at Strobilanthes hamiltoniana

With regards,
J.M.Garg
105 Identify wild plant
20210721_130049.jpg
20210721_131239.jpg
20210721_131413.jpg
20210721_131345.jpg
20210721_131319.jpg
20210721_131155.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2021, 8:22:09 AM7/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id.
Yes, appears close to the images at Strobilanthes hamiltoniana

Jul 30, 2021, 9:46:32 AM7/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 30, 2021, 1:11:02 PM7/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 31, 2021, 10:01:05 AM7/31/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
My pleasure.
Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju