Tragopogon kashmirianus from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 9, 2010, 12:13:46 AM8/9/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Tragopogon kashmirianus G. Singh from Kashmir, a species that I had described in 1976 (Forest Flora of Srinagar p. 123, fig. 4), an allotetraploid species. Photographed from hill above Cheshmashahi on June 26, 2010. The species is characterised among other things by ray florets with purple striated yellow corolla. The flowers open in the morning and close at noon,and as such I could not catch an open head. I have as such split a closed head to show the corolla. Details are available on:

Recently important molecular research was done on this species and results published in 2008:

Molecular data reveal that the tetraploid Tragopogon kashmirianus(Asteraceae: Lactuceae) is distinct from the North American T. mirus

Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-c-a.jpg
Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-c.jpg
Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-b.jpg
Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-a.jpg
Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-e.jpg
Tragopogon-kashmirianus-Kashmir-d.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 9, 2010, 1:09:55 AM8/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
quite an interesting plant
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Rashida Atthar

Aug 9, 2010, 1:17:04 AM8/9/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thankyou Sir for these pictures of this species and all the interesting information and further links.

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 9, 2010, 3:14:06 AM8/9/10
to Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks Tanay & Rashida ji for appreciation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

nabha meghani

Aug 9, 2010, 5:15:10 AM8/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Dear Prof. Singh ji,
every day I open my mailbox I experience पुष्पवृष्टी
Thanks for all these beautiful Fotos.
Regards
Nalini

Ajmal Ali

Aug 9, 2010, 5:54:50 AM8/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Hi........to all group members.
This is Ajmal Ali writing from Riyadh (Saudi Arabia).
I am in need of follwing paper:

Jeffrey, C., 2005 a new system of cucurbitaceae. Bot. Zhurn. 90, 332-335

Jeffrey, C., De Wilde, W.J.J.O.;2006. a review of the subtribe Thladianthinae (Cucurbitaceae). Bot. Zhurn. 91, 766-776

I kidnly request to the group members to help me in getting the papers.

thanks in advance,

regards,

ajmal ali

----------------

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 9, 2010, 6:02:19 AM8/9/10
to Ajmal Ali, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
u r here too....welcome..
Pankaj....

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 9, 2010, 6:17:46 AM8/9/10
to Ajmal Ali, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Dear Ajmal
This is the e-mail of Dr. Wilde: dew...@nhn.leidenuniv.nl
You may try asking him directly. Couldnt find either of the articles.
Just incase you dont have, I am attaching another article on the same
tribe by him. I assume you might have it already.
Just incase you dont get those, plz let me know, I will try asking
some I know in NHN.
Regards
Pankaj
Thladianthinae in Indochina and Malesia.pdf

Swagat

Aug 9, 2010, 6:58:46 AM8/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,

Where can I buy 'Forest Flora of Srinagar'?

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

Rohit Patel

Aug 9, 2010, 7:13:06 AM8/9/10
to Swagat, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Hello all,

please help me into find referance entitle " tha concept of habitat"
publish in journal of ecology, vol. 10. No. 1 (may, 1922) pp. 1-17

thanks in advance

Rohit

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL