Fruits & Vegetables Week: Luffa aegyptiaca the Ghia tori or smooth loofah

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2011, 2:54:02 PM1/4/11
to efloraofindia

Luffa aegyptiaca (syn: L. cylindrica), the smooth loofah or ghia tori, a very commonly used vegetable in warmer parts of India.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-3.jpg
Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-1.jpg
Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-2.jpg

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 9, 2011, 10:59:41 AM1/9/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Gurcharan ji,
Adding my picture taken at Nasik, Maharashtra during October,2010.
This was taken in a farm.
Aarti

Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-3.jpg
110KViewDownload

Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-1.jpg
293KViewDownload

Luffa-cylindrica-Delhi-2.jpg
100KViewDownload

P1100329.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 9, 2011, 11:04:55 AM1/9/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
nice fresh lauki
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Oudhia

Jan 9, 2011, 12:52:14 PM1/9/11
to efloraofindia
Tanay, if I am not wrong, Lauki is Lagenaria siceraria. It is Ghia Torai as mentioned by Aarti ji.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

tanay bose

Jan 9, 2011, 12:55:02 PM1/9/11