Holoptelia integrifolia

rashida atthar

May 30, 2009, 2:34:13 AM5/30/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

Attaced a pic of Holoptelia integrifolia leaves and fruit. The mature fruit is papery ovalish round and winged with one seed. Seen at the south end of the national park, Mumbai on 24 May '09.

regards,
Rashida.

MSN Quiz Test your skill and wits on this revered battleground of knowledge IMing with Windows Live Messenger just got better.
Holoptelia integrifolia.jpg

Neil Soares

May 30, 2009, 3:27:50 AM5/30/09
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashida,
  The leaves are opposite and look more like those of Combretum sp. Please check.
                               Regards,
                                 Neil.

Navendu

May 31, 2009, 8:59:09 AM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
I agree, looks more like Combretum extensum

navendu

rajank

May 31, 2009, 9:13:52 AM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
dear friends,

Lvs. & reddish color fruits are similar to Combretum ovalifolium,

hence it is C. ovalifolium not H. integrifolia.

thanks

rajank.

On May 30, 12:27 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rashida,
>   The leaves are opposite and look more like those of Combretum sp. Please check.
>                                Regards,
>                                  Neil.

rashida atthar

Jun 1, 2009, 1:16:43 AM6/1/09
to rajan.ka...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rajendra ji for the ID.  Can you describe the fruit please and any links if possible. Does the fruit have one seed in the centre?

Since Holoptelia has a distinctive one seed in centre with a pair of wings, unlike  Marsupium which has  circular wing and is  bigger  and most other species have five wings, I zeroed in on Holoptelia!

regards,

Rashida.