Ixora

Pravin Kawale

Mar 6, 2009, 9:27:12 AM3/6/09
to indiantreepix
Hi,
Attached both photographs are of
Ixora spp.but differance in only colouration
Pl.give id
Thanks in advance

DSC02146.JPG
DSC02159.JPG

DSC02146.JPG
DSC02159.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Mar 8, 2009, 10:27:44 AM3/8/09
to Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
... reminds me of Ixora brachiata, endemic to Sahyadri ranges of Western Ghats, locally known as गोरबाळे gorbale, खुरी khuri, लोखंडी lokhandi, रायकुरा raikura
The local names however are shared by other Ixora species also.

Please let know where and when were these photos taken ... in this case, may help ID better.

If these plants are in same region, colour variations may be assumed (my own assumptions !!) to depend on habitats receiving different quantum of sunlight / shade OR age of plant
... OR very simply just as your query - different species.

Regards.

JM Garg

Oct 8, 2019, 9:36:12 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, DineshValke
I think it should be Ixora pavetta as per keys, details and images herein and as per discussions at Differences- Ixora pavetta and Ixora brachiata
DSC02146.JPG
DSC02159.JPG