Id. Please---150821sn1

Satish Nikam

Aug 15, 2021, 2:39:27 AM8/15/21
to Indiantrees Pics
Friends,
your help in id. of this plant.
date:Aug.21
location:Aambyvalley rd.,Off Lonavala,Pune
habitat:wild
plant habit:?
height:about 3 ft.
regards
satish nikam
IMG_0685-foi.jpg
IMG_0685-foi.jpg

Mahadeswara

Aug 15, 2021, 8:13:15 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia

Leaves have some resemblance to Fatsia species.

radha veach

Aug 15, 2021, 11:02:53 PM8/15/21
to efloraofindia
Firmiana colorata to me

regards
Radha

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 15, 2021, 11:10:33 PM8/15/21
to efloraofindia
Cross-check with specimens and let us know Satish Ji,
and share some more information, on how it is possible to ID with one pic,
With regards.

image.gif

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/16/21, 08:39:39 AM

satish...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 2021, 8:24:56 AM8/18/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks everyone their.Do they have variations in leaves as per photos I see in the link shared by Satish ji ?.Besides I have yet to come across a full grown tree here.This is all I have seen in so many years.Many years back was identified as Firmiana .check this link

Probably this is the same tree.So I have a some doubt.Also what I see on the net does not compare with the leaves.Please enlighten.
Regards
Satish Nikam

radha veach

Aug 18, 2021, 10:35:28 AM8/18/21
to efloraofindia
Hi Satish,

Yes, from my observations, the leaves of Firmiana can be very variable especially in young plants or coppice shoots.

Regards
Radha

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/27b4c212-6b54-40e7-ab03-cb8a65811846n%40googlegroups.com.

radha veach

Aug 18, 2021, 1:19:51 PM8/18/21
to efloraofindia
I checked my records to confirm I have seen a few Firmiana near Aamby Valley Road some years ago.

regards
Radha

satish...@yahoo.com

Aug 20, 2021, 2:30:47 AM8/20/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks very much Radha ji.But I have not seen a full grown Tree.
Thanks and regards
Satish Nikam