(130409SCS3-4) Tough ID for a ground-carpet weed

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 12, 2009, 11:46:54 PM4/12/09
to indiantreepix
My last of the day. I find it a tough ID. Help requested.
Sonepat, Haryana, 10th April 09.
Along the cattle trail.
Regards,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-035.jpg
Picture-035.1.jpg

Joshi Pankaj

Apr 13, 2009, 12:15:53 AM4/13/09
to bush...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,
Member of Amaranthaceae...Please check in Alternanthera sp.

Pankaj N. Joshi (PhD)
Jr. Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 329408; Fax: 290335
Cell: +91 94269 49523
E-mail: pranav...@rediffmail.com

--- On Mon, 13/4/09, Suresh C. Sharma <bush...@gmail.com> wrote:
Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get your...@rocketmail.com. Sign up now! http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 13, 2009, 2:10:54 AM4/13/09
to Joshi Pankaj, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dr. Joshi - you have made my Tough ID a 'Easy One'
Yes, indeed it is Alternanthera pungens. See the link www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/science/current_researc.... I am taking the liberting of posting the image (Alternanther pungens flower 620.jpg) from this link.

Much appreciated

What a wonderful forum with Plant ID genius !

Kind regards,
Suresh C sharma

Alternanthera_pungens_flower_620.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2009, 4:08:01 AM4/13/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Joshi Pankaj, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Suresh ji,
More details from Indiantreepix Database:
Alternanthera pungens Amaranthaceae Khaki weed  In the wet bed of Himmat Sagar Lake in Hyderabad, AP on 20/7/08. Alternanthera pungens - Khaki weed (Amaranthaceae) - Plants of Hawaii For Id 230708JM2 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Alternanthera pungens (PIER species info)