Stereospermum personatum fruiting in V.J.B. Udyan (Rani Bagh), Mumbai

shubhada nikharge

Jul 30, 2010, 6:37:23 AM7/30/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
Saw pods of  Stereospermum personatum (syn. S. colais) in V.J.B. Udyan (Rani Bagh), Mumbai in the 2nd week of July 2010.
Local marathi name: Padal
Family: Bignoniaceae
It is a native deciduous tree.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Stereospermum personatum fruits पाडळ Bignoniaceae 2010_0717_Rani_Bagh_0104 e.jpg
Stereospermum personatum leaves पाडळ Bignoniaceae 2010_0717_Rani_Bagh_0102 e.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 30, 2010, 7:55:50 AM7/30/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Please don't mind Shubhada Ji as soon as opened the mail I felt like legs of a person sitting on the branches.
Later foung it to be fruits of Stereospermum personatum

Tanay

2010/7/30 shubhada nikharge <shubhada...@yahoo.co.in>

--
Tanay Bose