Which Brassica species? Set 2

Nanu Rathore

Dec 29, 2009, 4:49:43 AM12/29/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear members,

This is the second species of Brassica i am refering to. The leaves of this one are rounded. it is also known as bengal bastic saag.

Please help identifying.

Best wishes,
Nanu
DSC00142.jpg
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00144.jpg
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00146.jpg

promila chaturvedi

Dec 29, 2009, 6:12:38 AM12/29/09
to rush...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It is available in the market and in common language it is known as mongri. But I do not know the botanical name.
Promila

Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:19:43 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:25615] Which Brassica species? Set 2
From: rush...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 29, 2009, 8:12:20 AM12/29/09
to Nanu Rathore, promila chaturvedi, indian...@googlegroups.com
I would tentatively call it as B. rapa var. chinensis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2010, 9:04:11 PM2/14/10
to efloraofindia, Nanu Rathore, Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation:

Earlier feedback from me..............................I would tentatively call it as B. rapa var. chinensis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Mar 10, 2010, 12:56:38 AM3/10/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nanu Rathore, Gurcharan Singh, promila chaturvedi
Dear all,
I will support Gurcharan Ji in this regard this plant is indeed Brassica rapa var. chinensis.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)