Gardenia species?

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2008, 4:37:52 AM9/21/08
to indiantreepix
On 13/9/08 in Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, AP. A spiny smallish tree or a large shrub.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara Swamy

Sep 21, 2008, 10:35:37 AM9/21/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
One of your photographs  (i.e 99294) looks like  Cutanaregam spinosa ( syn. Randia dumetorum ) of Rubiaceae.

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2008, 12:31:50 PM9/21/08
to Mahadeswara Swamy, indiantreepix
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji,
I think you are right. Here is a link for Cutanaregam spinosa (syn. Randia dumetorum) (Mountain Pomegranate) with details:http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Mountain%20Pomegranate.html & for more pictures with Ver. names at: http://flickr.com/photos/91314344@N00/2618331998
I also checked up the details & it's matching. First two pictures are from one plant, while last three from another. But I checked in details all my pictures & both the plants are the same.
I think the further attachments (of the fruits) in this reply is also from the same plant.
Gardenia species is it- in Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, AP I IMG_9242.jpg
Gardenia species is it- in Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, AP Im IMG_9240.jpg