requesting for flowering plant identification

shivaprakash adavanne

Oct 10, 2010, 9:00:42 AM10/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
hello,
Requesting for identifying a flowering plant.
photographed at Nagodi village, Kodachadri ranges, shimoga district, Karnataka

regards,
a.shivaprakash
10102010 kod2 asp 1.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Oct 10, 2010, 9:23:26 AM10/10/10
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
... possibly species of Impatiens ... beautiful colour, Shivaprakash ji.
Please wait for comment(s).

Regards.

shivaprakash adavanne

Oct 10, 2010, 9:52:45 AM10/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
hello,

please find another four photos related to same species.

regards,
a.shivaprakash
10102010 kod2 asp 2.JPG
10102010 kod2 asp 3.JPG
10102010 kod2 asp 4.JPG
10102010 kod2 asp 5.JPG

mani nair

Oct 10, 2010, 10:47:00 AM10/10/10
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think it is Impatiens oppositifolia  - leaves are opposite.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Oct 10, 2010, 10:59:36 AM10/10/10
to mani nair, shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
I also think this is Impatiens oppositifolia   if this species is known to have pink and yellow flower both.
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2010, 1:20:45 AM10/31/10
to efloraofindia, mani nair, tanay bose, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, shivaprakash adavanne, promila chaturvedi, C KUNHIKANNAN, Mahadeswara Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“... possibly species of Impatiens ... beautiful colour, Shivaprakash ji.
Please wait for comment(s).” from Dinesh ji,

“please find another four photos related to same species.” from Shivaprakash ji.

“I think it is Impatiens oppositifolia  - leaves are opposite.

Regards,

Mani.”

"I also think this is Impatiens oppositifolia   if this species is known to have pink and yellow flower both.
tanay"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

10102010 kod2 asp 1.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 31, 2010, 2:46:26 AM10/31/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mani nair, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, shivaprakash adavanne, promila chaturvedi, C KUNHIKANNAN, Mahadeswara Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman
Impatiens for sure, but I have doubts for Impatiens oppositifolia.
Just with opposite leaves it cant be determined and secondly if the
taxa has pink or yellow flowers, I find the picture to have orange
flowers. Even leaves are too linear.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2010, 2:56:32 PM11/15/10
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“... possibly species of Impatiens ... beautiful colour, Shivaprakash ji.
Please wait for comment(s).” from Dinesh ji,

“please find another four photos related to same species.” from Shivaprakash ji.

“I think it is Impatiens oppositifolia  - leaves are opposite.

Regards,

Mani.”

Impatiens for sure, but I have doubts for Impatiens oppositifolia.
Just with opposite leaves it cant be determined and secondly if the
taxa has pink or yellow flowers, I find the picture to have orange
flowers. Even leaves are too linear.
Pankaj

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dec 25, 2020, 2:07:38 AM12/25/20
to efloraofindia
Impatiens aadishankarii Bhaskar & Sringesh
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2020, 8:45:21 AM12/25/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, shivaprakash adavanne

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg