Cinnamomum sp from Periyar

Nayan Singh

Aug 26, 2009, 2:19:33 PM8/26/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Friends
I think it is Cinnamomum sp, photo taken from Periyar on 10-5-09, please id it
Thanks in advance

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M..P.
09424792100

Cinnamomum sp from Periyar.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2009, 11:46:36 AM9/7/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Cinnamomum sp from Periyar.jpg

santhosh kumar es

Sep 7, 2009, 12:14:42 PM9/7/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh

This is Neolitsea sp. not Cinnamomum.  I am afraid to come to the species because of lack of fruits.

Thanks

Dr Santhosh

2009/9/7 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

JM Garg

Oct 14, 2017, 7:35:11 AM10/14/17
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty
I think it is Neolitsea cassia (L.) Kosterm. as per images herein.
Cinnamomum sp from Periyar.jpg