For Id 131108JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 12, 2008, 9:30:28 PM11/12/08
to indiantreepix
On 18/10/08 in Narshapur forest around 80 Km. from Hyderabad, AP. A low spreading shrub.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0850.jpg
Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0852.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2008, 3:06:06 AM11/13/08
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks, Nayan ji for the feedback.
I am not finding any links for Flemingia chhapar on net. Is it possible to get details/ or links from elsewhere.

I think the same plant was discussed earlier with opinions varying from Desmodium species to Flemingia species, without final Id as per Indiantreepix link (attaching the pictures again): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/e0eee9275ae3d8b5/e93a6366d517dac8?lnk=gst&q=Seeking+ID+Simple+and+Compound+Leaves+on+one+Plant#e93a6366d517dac8

From the forest Flora of Hyderabad State by M. Sharfuddin (which gives only these two species), I could find the details of Flemingia congesta: http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Flemingia%20congesta.htm & Flemingia strobilifera: http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Flemingia%20strobilifera.htm
But I think my plant doesn't match with their description.
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Dear Garg
To me your plant looks like Flemingia chhapar from Fabaceae family
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.

Nayan Singh

Nov 30, 2017, 5:07:35 AM11/30/17
to efloraofindia
I think Phyllodium longipes being cultivated, as per images herein and as per keys at Flora of China
Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0850.jpg
Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0852.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2017, 5:09:52 AM11/30/17
to efloraofindia
Sorry, I think Phyllodium pulchellum being wild, as per images herein and as per keys at Flora of China

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0850.jpg
Unided in Narshapur forest, AP I IMG_0852.jpg

D.S Rawat

Nov 30, 2017, 6:12:47 AM11/30/17
to efloraofindia
Desmodium pulchellum to me.