ID request-191010-PKA2

Prashant awale

Oct 19, 2010, 11:12:18 AM10/19/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
This is from Prini Village near Manali.

Date/Time: 26-09-2010 / 09:50AM
Location: Prini Village near Manali
Habitat: Wild

regards
Prashant
IMG_1104cr.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 19, 2010, 11:16:26 AM10/19/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I think Epilobium cylindricum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Oct 19, 2010, 3:03:26 PM10/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
i am quite sure of this plant being Epilobium cylindricum
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Tabish

Oct 20, 2010, 2:02:05 AM10/20/10
to efloraofindia
My first thought was, this could be an epilobium. The fruit of
Epilobium cylindricum agree with these pictures quite well. However,
now I am confused. The stigma of Epilobium cylindricum is spherical or
club-shaped, never lobed, as is prominently visible in Prashant's
pictures. Or is there some mixup with stamens?!
- Tabish

On Oct 19, 8:16 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Epilobium cylindricum
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2010, 10:13:03 AM10/20/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Tabish ji
I really admire your keen observation power.
You are right, Epilobium parviflorum could be a possibility, but have to see leaves clearly.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 2, 2010, 7:16:05 PM11/2/10
to efloraofindia
Resurfacing again for ID

I had initially identified it as Epilobium cylindricum but after Tabish ji pointed out four-lobed stigma, it can't be that species.
Now I think it to be E. parviflorum, but only leaves will confirm.
Your views please.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
IMG_1104cr.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 29, 2010, 11:57:28 AM11/29/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose, Prashant awale, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Should be Epilobium parviflorum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Jul 21, 2018, 1:22:43 AM7/21/18
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Tabish, Prashant awale
IMG_1104cr.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg