Ocimum sp.-kapur Tulsi

rashida atthar

Jan 19, 2010, 1:26:13 AM1/19/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

This Ocimum Sp. was seen at the Kalina campus displayed ny MNP on 17 Jan. '10. The flowers very similar to O. bassillicum Linn. but the anthers are not yellow as in O. basillicum. Request experts to ID this species Please. Thankyou.

regards,
Rashida.

Ocimum sp..JPG
Ocimum sp. Kapur Tulsi.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 23, 2010, 6:07:49 AM2/23/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji
To me it appears to be Ocimum basilicum only

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

rashida atthar

Feb 24, 2010, 1:24:08 AM2/24/10
to sing...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou Dr. Gurcharan ji. Sir the leaves shape was also different, besides the missing yellow anthers of the flowers. I do not have a close up of leaves as pics were taken in a hurry at the show.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:37:49 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:28165] Ocimum sp.-kapur Tulsi