Shrub 081109GS1 for ID from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 7, 2009, 10:07:49 PM11/7/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Uploading Shrub 081109GS1 for ID from Delhi
perhaps a species of Duranta, but not sure

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 9, 2009, 5:19:13 AM11/9/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

I believe this represents a Vitex sp.

Santhosh

2009/11/8 Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Dr.ANIL KUMAR

Nov 9, 2009, 8:34:53 AM11/9/09
to indiantreepix
Dr Santosh
to my knowledge Vitex have compound leaves. sir which species have
simple leaves?

On Nov 9, 3:19 pm, Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanthosh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I believe this represents a Vitex sp.
>
> Santhosh

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 9, 2009, 8:56:37 AM11/9/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Santosh ji and Anil ji
Thanks for your leads. Perhaps this may turn out to be Vitex trifolia. The species has both simple and trifoliate leaves. I will now observe shrubs more critically

--

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

I believe this represents a Vitex sp.

Santhosh

2009/11/8 Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Uploading Shrub 081109GS1 for ID from Delhi
perhaps a species of Duranta, but not sure

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 9, 2009, 8:59:50 AM11/9/09
to Dr.ANIL KUMAR, indiantreepix
Dear Dr Anil,

Your point is right that all Vitex are having compound leaves. You may check the second photograph it has 2 leaves and I think it is an aberrant specimen of Vitex.

Santhosh