Cissus quadrangularis L. (Lectotype)

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 21, 2010, 9:05:24 AM2/21/10
to indiantreepix
Cissus quadrangularis Linnaeus, Systema Naturae, ed. 12, 2: 124 (1767)
Provenance: "Habitat in Arabia, India."
Type: Lectotype - Herb. Linn. No. 149.3 (LINN)
Designated by: Nasir & Ali in Nasir & Ali (ed.), Fl. Pakistan 147 : 18 (1982)
Family: Vitaceae
c quad.jpg

Pankaj Oudhia

Feb 22, 2010, 1:12:51 AM2/22/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear Pankaj ji,

  My farmers are cultivating this herb in tens of acres to fulfill its global demand. There is a recent patent on it which claims that if you consume it after taking fatty food, the fat comes out from body through stool without absorption in body.

Here are my pictures of this useful herb

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=43110

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=49322

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=49329

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=102857

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Devi

Feb 23, 2010, 12:54:46 AM2/23/10
to efloraofindia
We make a chutney out of the tender shoots. There are other culinary
uses as well.

Regards,
Devi

On Feb 22, 11:12 am, Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Pankaj ji,
>
>   My farmers are cultivating this herb in tens of acres to fulfill its
> global demand. There is a recent patent on it which claims that if you
> consume it after taking fatty food, the fat comes out from body through
> stool without absorption in body.
>
> Here are my pictures of this useful herb
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=43110
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=49322
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=49329
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=102857
>
> regards
>
> Pankaj Oudhia
>

> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > *Cissus quadrangularis Linnaeus,* Systema Naturae, ed. 12, 2: 124 (1767)

> > Provenance: "Habitat in Arabia, India."
> > Type: Lectotype - Herb. Linn. No. 149.3 (LINN)
> > Designated by: Nasir & Ali in Nasir & Ali (ed.), Fl. Pakistan 147 : 18
> > (1982)
> > Family: Vitaceae
>
> > --

> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Parjanya guru

Feb 23, 2010, 12:59:54 AM2/23/10
to Devi, efloraofindia
In additions to the comment by Devi-jee..,
.. The internodes are baked and squeezed to get the sap.. this sap, made to a cold soup is much preferred by  a tribe in Karnataka.. and inerestingly.. its medicinal too..!
:)