Sopubia delphinifolia white coloured – NSD 76

1 view

Nayan Singh

Oct 29, 2009, 11:24:50 PM10/29/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Photographed this small herb in Pench Tiger Reserve on 30-9-05

I think it is some variety of Sopubia delphinifolia

Experts please comment

Thanks

Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more.

Nayan Singh

Oct 29, 2009, 11:30:05 PM10/29/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Sorry pic is now attached

From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!
Sopubia white.jpg

Aparna Watve

Oct 30, 2009, 12:25:09 AM10/30/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Sir,
No variety has been published in Sopubia delphinifolia as far as I know.
So, to be taxonomically precise, I will say that IT IS Sopubia
delphinifolia, (-and not some variety of Sopubia delphinifolia-) with
white coloured flowers. Regards, Aparna

A reminder to all the rest,
When anyone of you reports a variation in any character in the species
that you see, please be careful to word it as "a variation seen in
species XYZ" . Variety is a specific term in plant taxonomy with a
well defined ranking in the scientific hierarchy below the species
level. It can be used only when it has been scientifically defined and
published in taxonomic literature.
Regards
aparna
--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

Nayan Singh

Oct 30, 2009, 12:31:33 AM10/30/09
to Aparna Watve, indiantreepix
Thanks Aparna ji
thanks a lot for detail information and clarification