id required : spice 3

sachin pandhare

Feb 10, 2009, 3:03:16 PM2/10/09
to treepix Indian
Hi,
I am sending you some spices used for making
could you please let me know the identification for them and the scientific names.

there will be around 15 spices.

thanks,
Sachin

PS: i just know that these should be one of the following (all marathi names)
Dongari, Safed, Shaha, Lasani, Shatavari, Panjabi, Kambarkas, DoodhKaLi, PimpaLi, Gathi, Bedana, Isabgol, Talimkhana, Motha Gokharu, Soonth
spice_03.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 3:39:10 AM3/21/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

spice_03.jpg

JANAKI TURAGA

Mar 21, 2009, 9:51:32 AM3/21/09
to J.M. Garg, treepix Indian
Appears to be Kamarkas
Also known as Flame of the Forest, Bengal Kino.
This is the gum exuded by the Flame of the Forest Tree.
This is not really a spice instead a medicine-this is used mainly by women after childbirth!
any more information other than what is already available on Google search is most welcome. I am most intrigued by this gum!
Also would appreciate if the id is confirmed/not.
Janaki Turaga

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 10:06:43 AM3/21/09
to JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian

Further Sachin stated:
"Hi All,
just to tell you more on the usage of these spices (?).
we use them to make 'Laddoo' of medicinal value for women who have given
birth to baby. we also add other dry fruits to it.

so i am not sure if they can be called spices. sorry if i might have misled
you folks.
thanks to all for helping me in identifying these.

Sachin "