Id of Kashmir flower please

Alpa Sheth

Jul 3, 2010, 3:40:37 PM7/3/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Seen at Khillinmarg as a wild shrub. ~ 1 m tall.
Yellowish-greenish flowers. On mountain slopes in rocky soil.

Kindly id.

Also sending shrub pic of the American Elder which I missed attaching in previous file.

thanks
Alpa

flower k'marg 3.jpg
flower k'marg 1.JPG

mani nair

Jul 3, 2010, 9:14:08 PM7/3/10
to Alpa Sheth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Alpha ji, It appears that both the plants are different.  The first flower I think it is a wild hydrangea.
Waiting for answers.

REgards,

Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 3, 2010, 9:19:26 PM7/3/10
to mani nair, Alpa Sheth, indian...@googlegroups.com
First Euphorbia wallichii
Second Sambucus wightiana

Alpa ji, in future please post different plants in separate threads. More than one species in the same mail creats problems of documentation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alpa Sheth

Jul 3, 2010, 11:17:11 PM7/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shri Gurcharanji and Shri Maniji:

Thanks for the id and for explaining the protocol. I'll remember next time.

regards,
Alpa