Dr. Neil Soares- Our valueable member

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 2:16:22 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Dear members,
Dr. Neil has been with us since Sept.'07- almost a founding member.
And he has been keeping a low profile, but very consistent in extending help to 'Indiantreepix' like our 'Mr. Consistant' Dr. Satish Phadke.
A close friend of Dr. Almeida, who visits his farm in Sahapur regularly, where he has a great collection of innumerable wild species.
He is quite knowledgeable about Flora in & around Mumbai, though being a busy practicing Doctor in Mumbai (I think so, though I may be wrong)
I don't know much about him (which possibly other members can highlight), but his contribution to the group is immense, particularly in its infancy when there were hardly many experts on the group except him.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

singhg .

Sep 21, 2009, 2:54:18 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix

Yes Garg ji
Dr. (this part I have known today) Neil has been a very active member, playing role in critical decisions about identifications. We are proud of such persons on the group who like Dr. Satish Phadke work silently but efficiently.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

kiran srivastava

Sep 21, 2009, 5:19:34 AM9/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have known Neil Soares for many, many years. He is the man who
fearlessly handles the large black Heterometrus scorpions sending
shivers down many a damsel's spine venturing out with him on nature
outings. He has quite a formidable knowledge of Mumbai flora, and I
must add, quite disconcerting when he points to to a tree, or shrub
and causually asks me, 'tell me what is this species?'. Apart from
flora Neil is also interested in other facets of nature and ever ready
to share his knowledge. Quite a popular guy on nature camps and I
understand, very handy at spotting forest denizens on night walks.
Someone, at some point of time referred to him once as 'golden heart'
but I am quite sure he was not entirely comfortable with that
cognomen. Dr Neil Soares is a practicing dermatologist but I can
assure you his interest in nature is definitely more than skin-deep!

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai

p.s. Apologies, Neil, if I have left out the good bits of your profile!

shubhada nikharge

Sep 21, 2009, 5:23:13 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear members,
Dr. Neil Soares is a practicing dermatologist  in Mumbai.
He is not only knowledgeable about Indian Flora but Indian fauna too ( Birds, reptiles, amphibians & insects in particular).

Neil,
Thanx for taking out time for this group from ur busy schedule. ur contribution to the group is a great advantage to the laymen like us.
with warm regards,
shubhada

Rajesh Sachdev

Sep 21, 2009, 5:40:26 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Dr. Neil,
We most of people in Mumbai call Neil .  Firangi Saheb, because of his English looks, I have been hearing for Dr. Neil for more than 4 yrs now and have happened to be part of nature tail with him for just three times and wonder to see his knowledge, that he is always there to help in ID the flora and herps.

Thanks Neil...for all you have been doing, looking forward to be along with you in Shahapur.

PS Dr. Neil don't mind for calling you English, but that is how you are famous for.....

2009/9/21 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

-

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 21, 2009, 5:56:47 AM9/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, kiran srivastava
Thanks Neil ji for sharing so much of your time for us.
my regards
madhuri

--- On Mon, 21/9/09, kiran srivastava <srivas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek http://in.yahoo.com/trynew

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 8:17:06 AM9/21/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, kiran srivastava, shubhada nikharge, indiantreepix
Thanks, Kiran ji, Rajesh ji, Shubhada ji,
For letting us know more about him.
This has aroused a curiosity in me to see at a photo of him, at least, right now.
Just want to check his fine looks!!! (I think he won't mind my humorously saying this)
Is it possible for someone to send it?

Neil Soares

Sep 21, 2009, 9:12:24 AM9/21/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, kiran srivastava, shubhada nikharge, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Hi,
 Thanks for all the sentiments expresed though it is a tad embarrassing. As I have previously conveyed to Mr.Garg in a personal communication, my primary reason for being on these groups is to learn and this has been an enriching experience. I hope that the lavish praise heaped on me is commensurate with my contribution to the group.
 My only prayer is that we concerate more on native species of plants and trees.
                              With regards,
                                Neil Soares.

geeta arun

Sep 22, 2009, 3:45:04 AM9/22/09
to Neil Soares, Rajesh Sachdev, kiran srivastava, shubhada nikharge, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Gargji,
Here is Dr. Neil's photograph.
Place --  Corbett National Park  --  May 2009.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.
 Mumbai.

Dr. Neil.jpg