Alternanthera paronichioides

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 10, 2009, 12:32:48 AM11/10/09
to indiatreepix
This was taken at Sirumalai hills, TN. Hope the id is correct.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore
alternanthera paronichioides_1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 28, 2009, 1:02:29 AM11/28/09
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

alternanthera paronichioides_1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 28, 2009, 1:29:21 AM11/28/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear colleagues

Let us first prepare list of species reported from India, in addition to six I have uploaded, know their identifying features and description, and perhaps then only we can sort them out. Presently we are waiting for differences between A. pungens and A. pulchella, if they are distinct.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Nov 28, 2009, 2:50:01 AM11/28/09
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Thanks Gurcharan ji for starting this Alternanthera series documentation process.
Though considered as common weed, this Genus is producing some interest in members and I also have started looking into closer details of the plants found in my region.
Salute to your perseverance and zeal to create a good database.
Dr Phadke

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 28, 2009, 3:10:13 AM11/28/09
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Thanks Satish ji
We are mutual motivators!

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2009, 6:17:26 AM12/30/09
to indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh-sify, satish phadke

Dec 30, 2009, 6:37:56 AM12/30/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh-sify, satish phadke
This is A. ficoidea