For Id 260809JM1

J.M. Garg

Aug 25, 2009, 10:48:15 PM8/25/09
to indiantreepix
On 16/8/08 in Talakona forest, in AP.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

in Talakona, AP I IMG_8388.jpg
in Talakona, AP I IMG_8389.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2009, 10:47:54 PM8/27/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

in Talakona, AP I IMG_8388.jpg
in Talakona, AP I IMG_8389.jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 27, 2009, 11:24:51 PM8/27/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Hi Mr.Garg,
  It looks like a Crotolaria sp.
            Regards,
              Neil.

--- On Fri, 8/28/09, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Prashant awale

Aug 28, 2009, 7:34:27 AM8/28/09
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Dear Neil ji & Garg ji,

This could as well be some Polygala sp. I remember one of Polygala sp. posting of Garg ji  from AP.
Check for Polygala elongata   (Polygalaceae family).

best wishes
Prashant..

J.M. Garg

Aug 28, 2009, 10:11:09 AM8/28/09
to Prashant awale, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Thanks, Prashant ji.
It looks quite similar.
There are more details from Indiantreepix Database:

JM Garg

Jun 14, 2020, 4:52:37 AM6/14/20
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
It does not appears to be Polygala arvensis Willd., but something else.
in Talakona, AP I IMG_8388.jpg
in Talakona, AP I IMG_8389.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2020, 5:56:09 AM6/14/20
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
This appears close to images at Polygala javana DC. as per comparative images at Polygala

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2020, 7:59:25 AM6/14/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Thanks, Lalitamba ji.
I think you mean to say Polygala elongata Klein ex Willd. as Polygala longifolia is different.
I was also initially confused with Polygala glaucoides (syn. Polygala elongata Klein ex Willd.) as per images and details herein.
However, on further scrutiny id of Polygala javana DC. as per comparative images at Polygala‎, is correct.

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 17:22, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
it looks like Polygala longifolia
--
A.Lalithamba