Holigarna arnottinana

Sandhya Sasidharan

Sep 2, 2011, 10:47:13 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Some pictures of Holigarna arnottiana (Family - Anacardiaceae) from a wild lot near my home in Trivandrum city.  There were lots of fruits but too high for my camera to capture. Taken on 8th June 2011.

Regards,
Sandhya
100_9362.jpg
100_9366 Holigarna.jpg
100_9368.jpg
100_9369.jpg
100_9370.jpg

Mahadeswara

Sep 2, 2011, 11:20:05 PM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for introducing the new species.

On Sep 2, 7:47 pm, Sandhya Sasidharan <harithasand...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>  100_9362.jpg
> 207KViewDownload
>
>  100_9366 Holigarna.jpg
> 169KViewDownload
>
>  100_9368.jpg
> 150KViewDownload
>
>  100_9369.jpg
> 162KViewDownload
>
>  100_9370.jpg
> 324KViewDownload

harithasandhya

Sep 3, 2011, 3:29:00 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia
Sorry, the spelling of the species name in the subject line is wrong.
It is arnottiana.
Regards,
Sandhya

On Sep 2, 7:47 pm, Sandhya Sasidharan <harithasand...@yahoo.com>

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 3, 2011, 9:49:05 AM9/3/11
to Sandhya Sasidharan, efloraofindia

Holigarna arnottiana Hook.f. of Anacardiaceae family, a medicinal plant seen mostly in the low elevation (mostly below 400m MSL) forests (evergreen to deciduous) in the Western Ghats

Regards,

Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD