fresh water species... Ceratophyllum??

Neelam Karle

Aug 11, 2022, 6:21:02 AM8/11/22
to eFloraofIndia
Saw these plants few years back on 14 July 2019 near Bhimashankar, Pune in the small puddles on our trail. Is it  Ceratophyllum sp.?

Thank you,
Neelam karle
20190714_111618.jpg
20190714_112412.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2022, 6:41:53 AM8/11/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Neelam Karle
Are these not two different plants?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2022, 6:27:22 AM8/14/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Are these not two different plants?
Pl. see

https://efloraofindia.com/2013/02/28/ceratophyllum-demersum/

With regards,
J.M.Garg
20190714_111618.jpg
20190714_112412.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2022, 1:20:30 PM8/14/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle
Thanks a lot, Subir ji

Aug 14, 2022, 1:22:07 PM8/14/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle, Dr Santhosh K R
First plant is possibly Podostemon,aquatic under-water holotype, which is common here in Pune, Genus possibly decannenesis, the photographs on internet are emmersed variety so will look very different, this a unique feature of Podostemon. Another unlikely possibility is Limnophila, early submerged growth..

the second is another common aquatic plant, I posted here specimens from Lonavala.. no idea species so I am growing this hoping it bears flower.  Possibly aquatic plants  Glossostigma or Callitriche.

I can say definitely not Ceratophyllum.- Santhosh ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2022, 1:22:38 PM8/14/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle, Dr Santhosh K R
sorry not Podostemon, Pogostemon, Podostemon would be discovery of century as they are all but extinct from India .. Pogo meaning beard like leaves... my autocorrect...as I was discussing Podostemon with a botanist on Facebook - from Santhosh ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg