Plant for identification 150712MK03

Muthu Karthick

Jul 15, 2012, 5:12:00 AM7/15/12
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Please help me in identifying this herb found in evergreen moist forests. The leaf measures 5x3 cm. Flower measures 5x1 cm and the plant about 30-50cm in height. The habitat is an evergreen forest.

Is this a Phyllanthaceae member?

Place: Valparai, TN
Date: 11July 2012
Alt: c. 960 m ASL

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

va 081.jpg
va 083.jpg
va 086.jpg
va 087.jpg
va 088.jpg
va 090.jpg
va 082.jpg

jmgarg1

Jul 23, 2012, 5:33:35 AM7/23/12
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, Nambiyath Balakrishnan

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1900 members & 1,20,700 messages on 30/6/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7000 species).

va 081.jpg
va 083.jpg
va 086.jpg
va 087.jpg
va 088.jpg
va 090.jpg
va 082.jpg

jmgarg1

Jul 25, 2012, 12:53:44 AM7/25/12
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, Nambiyath Balakrishnan
A reply:
"This is a species of Reidea presently merged with the genus Phyllanthus. I think this is an interesting species!!! Go ahead!!
I can assist you Mr Muthu for its identification but I need at least one specimen
Thanks
Dr Santhosh"

Muthu Karthick

Jul 25, 2012, 6:04:27 AM7/25/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha...@gmail.com, Nambiyath Balakrishnan
Many thanks Dr.Santhosh, I may revisit the place and do sampling these specimens first; also I have to take specimens of Impatiens spp. there.

jmgarg1

Aug 2, 2012, 1:29:55 AM8/2/12
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha...@gmail.com, Sujana K Arjunan, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

This is a species of Reidea presently merged with the genus Phyllanthus. I think this is an interesting species!!! Go ahead!!

I can assist you Mr Muthu for its identification but I need at least one specimen

Thanks
Dr Santhosh”

“Many thanks Dr.Santhosh, I may revisit the place and do sampling these specimens first; also I have to take specimens of Impatiens spp. there. ” from Muthu ji.

Apr 11, 2022, 4:08:04 AM4/11/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

Appears somewhat close to images at Phyllanthus gageanus (Gamble) M.Mohanan

Apr 15, 2022, 2:33:21 AM4/15/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Hi, Tapas ji,
Any views on this matter.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 15, 2022, 4:50:24 PM4/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Phyllanthus gageanus (Gamble) M.Mohanan.

Regards,
Tapas.

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2022, 9:01:43 PM4/15/22
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks a lot, Tapas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 18, 2022, 1:57:32 AM4/18/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Tapas Chakrabarty
Thanks, Muthu ji