ID request-140310-PKA1

Prashant awale

Mar 14, 2010, 9:36:49 AM3/14/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Kindly help me in identification of this plant.

Date/Time-

14-03-2010 / 11:20 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Nagla Bundar,  Thane Dist.,  10 ft

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild,  Mangrove??

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Shrub

Height/Length-

 ~ 4 m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

 Alternate, thick, coriaceous, rounded at apex

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

 Flowers in clusters, peduncle: 1.5 – 2cm

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Greenish yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Do not know..

regards
Prashant
IMG_5781.jpg
IMG_5778.jpg
IMG_5788.jpg
IMG_5789.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 14, 2010, 9:48:30 AM3/14/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Yes, it is a mangrove plant ... Aegiceras corniculatum (syn.: Aegiceras majus, Rhizophora corniculata, Umbraculum corniculatum) ... commonly known as: goat's horn mangrove, river mangrove • Bengali: khalsi • Gujarati: હલસી halasi • Hindi: हलसी halsi • Konkani: कांदलम kandlam • Malay: kacang-kacang • Malayalam: കരിഞ്ഞിക്കട karinjikkata • Marathi: काजळा kajala • Oriya: teluni • Tamil: ¿ நாரிக்கண்டல் nari-k-kantal ? • Telugu: ¿ గుగ్గిలమ guggilam ?

Regards.

Prashant awale

Mar 14, 2010, 10:00:00 AM3/14/10
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Dear Dinesh.
regards
Prashant

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 14, 2010, 9:44:39 AM3/14/10
to efloraofindia
Aegiceras corniculatum in fruits. Flowers are creamish white,
fragrant, less than 1 cm and in clusters 5-10 cm. Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 14, 6:36 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> Kindly help me in identification of this plant.
>

>   *Date/Time-*

> 14-03-2010 / 11:20 AM
>

> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *

> Nagla Bundar,  Thane Dist.,  10 ft
>

> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> Wild,  Mangrove??
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> Shrub
>
> *Height/Length- *
>
>  ~ 4 m
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*

>  Alternate, thick, coriaceous, rounded at apex
>

> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *

>  Flowers in clusters, peduncle: 1.5 – 2cm
>

> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> Greenish yellow
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> Do not know..
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> * *
>
>  --
>
> regards
> Prashant
>
>  IMG_5781.jpg
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5778.jpg
> 186KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5788.jpg
> 184KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5789.jpg
> 199KViewDownload

Prashant awale

Mar 15, 2010, 12:26:14 AM3/15/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Shrikant ji for the information.
regards
Prashant