[efloraofindia:32686] Climber for ID?19042010-PKA2

Prashant awale

Apr 19, 2010, 12:42:21 PM4/19/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
I was bit reluctant to put this here for ID as i do not have much information about this plant to share except for  these few photos. I had taken these snaps at "Cherapunjee  (Sohra) Forest" (Meghalaya) during Mid November-2008.  Its a climber. Kindly have a look.

Date/Time-

14th November, 2008 /11:30 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Cherapunjee (Sohra) Forest

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Climber

Height/Length-

--

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

--

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

--

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Magenta colour

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

-

regards
Prashant

DSC00992.JPG
DSC00994c.JPG
DSC00994.JPG

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2010, 8:08:40 AM4/21/10
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Dear Prasant ji ,
I hope the leaves seen in the background are not of this plant, just looking at the flower I think this plant may belong to Acanthaceae but its really hard for me to tell enything more due to less amount of known facts about this plant.
Regrads
Tanay

Satish Chile

Apr 21, 2010, 8:43:57 AM4/21/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Might be some sp of Pseuderanthemum ?? Is there any climbing species of this genus ?
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Tabish

Apr 21, 2010, 9:40:41 AM4/21/10
to efloraofindia
Couldn't help noticing a strange similarity with the orchid
Anthogonium gracile :
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Slender%20Anthogonium.html
- Tabish

On Apr 19, 9:42 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I was bit reluctant to put this here for ID as i do not have much
> information about this plant to share except for  these few photos. I had
> taken these snaps at "Cherapunjee  (Sohra) Forest" (Meghalaya) during Mid
> November-2008.  Its a climber. Kindly have a look.
>
>   *Date/Time-*
>
> 14th November, 2008 /11:30 AM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *
>
> Cherapunjee (Sohra) Forest
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> Wild
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> Climber
>
> *Height/Length- *
>
> --
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> --
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *
>
> --
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> Magenta colour
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> -
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> * *
>
>  --
>
> regards
> Prashant
>
> --
>
>  DSC00992.JPG
> 175KViewDownload
>
>  DSC00994c.JPG
> 163KViewDownload
>
>  DSC00994.JPG
> 192KViewDownload

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2010, 9:47:24 AM4/21/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
no tabish Ji it has a bilabiate corolla , and sorry to say i find no similarity between both this plants
regards
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 14, 2010, 7:57:28 AM5/14/10
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, TANAY BOSE, Tabish
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Satish Chile ji..................................Might be some sp of Pseuderanthemum ?? Is there any climbing species of this genus ?

Tabish ji..................................... Couldn't help noticing a strange similarity with the orchid
Anthogonium gracile :

Tanay.......................................no tabish Ji it has a bilabiate corolla , and sorry to say i find no similarity between both this plants
regards.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2010, 8:36:31 AM5/28/10
to efloraofindia, Satish Chile, tanay bose, Tabish, Swapna Prabhu, Dr. M. K. Pathak, navendu page, Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback: