Seeking information on planting 'Buchanania Lanzan'

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 14, 2010, 1:28:46 AM4/14/10
to indiantreepix
We have been trying for the last two years to get a 'Buchanania Lanzan' sapling for our farm but we have been unsuccessful.

We are trying the 'germinating from seeds' option now but the seed supplier in Bhopal kept telling us they will be available in march and then april and now he says it would be available only in may.

I would be grateful for advice from you on what are the usual period of availability of these seeds that may be germinated.

regards,

rakesh

Pravir

Apr 14, 2010, 3:51:55 AM4/14/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Sir

Try to sapling from Forest department of your area, and also you will
gate all related information. Most of the forest dep have nursery, you
will definitely get plant there.

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 14, 2010, 3:53:46 AM4/14/10
to Pravir, indiantreepix
Thanks Mr Pravir,

I have already tried that option but so far haven't been able to manage any.

J.M. Garg

May 12, 2010, 1:26:15 AM5/12/10
to efloraofindia, Rakesh Biswas

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Rakesh Biswas

May 12, 2010, 1:29:19 AM5/12/10
to indiantreepix
Thanks Garg Ji,

Yes we have still not had any success in this direction.

We appreciate some of the suggestions we have received from the members here.

regards,

rakesh

Neil Soares

May 12, 2010, 3:52:48 AM5/12/10
to indiantreepix, Rakesh Biswas
Hi Mr.Biswas,
 Seeds should be available right now [and also for the next month]. They have to be soaked in a concentrated solution of Sulphuric acid for 5 minutes, rinsed thoroughly and then sown immediately.
                      With regards,
                         Neil Soares.

P.S. - If Mr. Lavkumar Kachcahar is reading this mail - as requested last year have collected 3 bulbs of Gloriosa superba for you .Please let me know how and where you would like them delivered.
                                    N.

Rakesh Biswas

May 12, 2010, 4:43:54 AM5/12/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Thanks Dr Neil,

I shall try to procure the seeds but I am not sure where exactly here in Bhopal it may be available.

regards,

rakesh

Satish Chile

May 12, 2010, 5:49:25 AM5/12/10
to Rakesh Biswas, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Biswas ji you can contact State Forest Research Institute Jabalpur for the same. Also Central tropical forest research institute Barela Road, Jabalpur.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile