Wild Flower for ID-231109-RK-3

ranjini kamath

Nov 23, 2009, 3:45:31 AM11/23/09
to indiatreepix
Request ID of this Wild Flower.Pic taken in Srirangapatna on 13-11-09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_6444-ph-x.jpg
IMG_6448-ph-x.jpg

rashida atthar

Nov 23, 2009, 4:06:11 AM11/23/09
to ranj...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful pictures posted today Ranjini. Quite enjoying your series! Thanks.

regards,
Rashida.

> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:15:31 +0530
> Subject: [indiantreepix:23805] Wild Flower for ID-231109-RK-3
> From: ranj...@gmail.com
> To: indian...@googlegroups.com

> Request ID of this Wild Flower.Pic taken in Srirangapatna on 13-11-09.
> Thank you.
> Ranjini Kamath

ranjini kamath

Nov 25, 2009, 10:39:31 PM11/25/09
to indiatreepix
Resending ...Request ID.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath

Nov 26, 2009, 12:11:59 AM11/26/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
This is Teramnus labialis common all over Tamil Nadu.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth
Chennai
www.careearthtrust.org

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 26, 2009, 12:38:02 AM11/26/09
to Muthu Karthick, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Dear Muthu, the maroon flowers remind me Macroptilium lathyroides (= Phaseolus lathyroides, P. semierectus). This is commonly found along waysides in Bangalore too.

However, this needs to be confirmed.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Muthu Karthick

Nov 26, 2009, 1:10:20 AM11/26/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Yes sir,
The plant is closer to Macroptilium lathyroides common in northern part of TN.
[reasons: ovate-rhomboid leaves; clawed petals; falcate pods]