out of season Cassia fistula

Aparna Watve

Nov 5, 2009, 8:23:12 AM11/5/09
to indiantreepix Indian
A Cassia fistula tree next door to my house in Pune, has got 3-4
flowering shoots! Found it quite irregular- as I haven't seen Pune
Cassia fistula flower before February. Rarely in January. But
November? Has anyone seen this?
So tempting to link this to global warming!! - just joking. Just an
aberration of local ecology I guess
aparna

--
Dr. Aparna Watve

Asha Appt, Shanti Nagar, Ekata Colony
Nr. BSNL tower, Akbar Ward,
Seoni.480661
tel: 07692-228115
mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

Prashant awale

Nov 5, 2009, 11:36:38 PM11/5/09
to Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Aparna ji,
I too came across few flowering shoots of "Cassia fistula" at Nagpur during Diwali (i.e mid october-09).
Thanks & best wishes
Prashant

Swapna Prabhu

Nov 6, 2009, 12:03:35 AM11/6/09
to Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian
Yes Aparna,

I was fascinated by a tree in the National Chemical Laboratory's campus, a couple of shoots of which used to start flowering in November itself!!!! The flowering history of the individual is not known though....

- Swapna.
--
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist