ID request 26052011 PJ 1

PUTTARAJU K

May 26, 2011, 9:04:53 AM5/26/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

 Id  requested for the following attachment.

Date/Time-: 12/05/11   -    07:45

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- tree

Height/Length- 10 mtr

--
With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,

Neil Soares

May 26, 2011, 9:13:13 AM5/26/11
to indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Hi,
 These are the pods of Dregea volubilis [Wattakaka volubilis].
                      Regards,
                       Neil Soares.

Satish Chile

May 26, 2011, 12:11:27 PM5/26/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K

Not Dregea volubilis, leaves are compound in these photos. Dregea volubilis  bears simple leaves.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Gurcharan Singh

May 26, 2011, 12:42:19 PM5/26/11
to Satish Chile, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Satish ji
Neil ji is right. The compound leaves which you see belong to the tree on which the climber grows. Dregea volubilis is the right choice.
The leaves of climber seem to have fallen.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Chile

May 26, 2011, 1:38:14 PM5/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Thanx Gurcharan ji. Yes Neil is right.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
Satish ji
Neil ji is right. The compound leaves which you see belong to the tree on which the climber grows. Dregea volubilis is the right choice.
The leaves ober seem to have fallen.

Neil Soares

May 26, 2011, 2:47:21 PM5/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Chile, indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Hi,
 My photographs of the pods of Dregea volubilis. The photographs were taken at my farm at Shahapur.
 Please also check this link for my photographs of its flowers:

                                  With regards,
                                    Neil Soares.

--- On Thu, 5/26/11, Satish Chile <chile...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dregea volubilis, Wattakaka volubilis 1.jpg
Dregea volubilis, Wattakaka volubilis 2.jpg
Dregea volubilis, Wattakaka volubilis 3.jpg